Food trends come and go.
Yesterday’s kale may be tomorrow’s radish leaves. However, what never changes is GreenLeaf’s commitment to providing the best products and services to the culinary community of which we are an integral part.
Who is GreenLeaf?
We are the leading food distributor in the Bay Area for over 40 years – delivering produce, dairy, cheese and specialty items to chefs in the Bay Area and Northern California. We are committed to sourcing locally grown, seasonal items of the highest quality, supporting sustainable agriculture, providing best-in-class service and promoting family farms.
GreenLeaf recognizes that it is our employees that make the difference. They are the “roots that endure” so that we can be “the trusted connection between premium California growers and the exceptional Chefs of the Bay Area”. Team members that succeed within the GreenLeaf culture strive to be: Creative Problem Solvers, a Trusted Source, a Community Partner and a Local Leader with a profound love and understanding of the Bay Area. If you apply the same care and dedication to your job as you do other passions in your life, GreenLeaf is interested in YOU; people who will put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
Report to: Director of Sales
• Develop and manage pipeline of prospective customers, based on both existing contacts within the Catering and Corporate Foodservice industries, and on new networking activities.
• Maintain/Grow existing accounts and generate new sales within those accounts.
• Perform customer needs analysis, develop solutions, create proposals, and negotiate with customers.
• Produce accurate and timely forecasts as required by management.
• Meet or exceed quarterly sales goals.
• Participate in product and sales related training.
• Keep current on product knowledge and the Bay Area Catering and Corporate Foodservice market place.
• Attend industry events to build relationships within the Bay Area.
• Minimum of 5 years high-end catering sales experience; experience in produce or other food products in the Food Service market place preferred
• Minimum of 3 years culinary experience preferred
• Detailed product knowledge of produce, specialty, cheese, and dairy is required
• Proven track record of generating leads, closing business and meeting challenging objectives consistently
• Ability to negotiate contracts as needed
• Existing corporate catering network required
• Creative and results oriented person
• Valid California Driver’s License
• Driving record must meet company standards
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts that may arise; overcome obstacles
• Good planning, time management, and organizational skills
• Excellent sales presentation skills
• Computer applications (Word, Excel, CRM, Produce Pro and Power Point)
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to think independently
• Ability to see the big picture
• Strategic thinker who embraces change and takes initiative
• Ethical with good judgment
We offer a competitive wage and bonus package with a generous benefit offering that includes 7 holidays, 15 days of personal time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, and group life insurances including long term disability. This is a friendly, high performing work environment that values our employees and treats everyone with respect.
Join our GreenLeaf family today by applying NOW!
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via Fax: (415) 647-2994
GreenLeaf is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.