The Outside Sales Representative (OSR) is responsible for managing and developing the account sales within their territory. He or she will achieve their goals by acquiring and onboarding new accounts and by increasing market share in existing accounts. The OSR is responsible for the overall growth and profitability of their territory, and will achieve it by generating new account leads, making compelling product presentations to chefs/buyers, and consistently closing each business opportunity while maintaining the highest standards of excellence. The ideal candidate must have strong food and restaurant industry knowledge, be self-motived and highly driven to succeed. If you enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and thrive on interacting with a broad range of people then this may be the job for you.
• New business development: At least 80% of territory sales growth will come from acquiring new accounts
• Existing account development: Must be able to anticipate and/or solve problems as they arise, and at the same time build business in existing accounts by making compelling product presentations and selling on value
• Must be comfortable with a varied schedule consisting primarily of cold calling and making face-to-face sales presentations with prospects and customers
• Forecasting/Analysis: Identify competitive business trends and develop a strategic plan to capitalize on them within each account using a range of tactics such as suggestive selling
• Communicate professionally and effectively with customers and fellow employees
• Collaborate with internal departments: Operations, Delivery, Buying, Customer Service to ensure that customers receive optimal service
• Minimum of 5 years restaurant or food industry experience
• Minimum of 3 years proven success in a sales role with a passion for business development
• Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, flexible environment; be able to proactively influence a chefs buying behavior, and also quickly react to customer needs
• Possess above-average food product knowledge, especially produce, cheese, and specialty foods
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
• Valid California Drivers License and a clean driving record
• Ability to make effective sales presentations to purchasers: Chefs, managers and business owners
• Restaurant industry networking is required to identify new business opportunities, build and maintain relationships with a variety of business stakeholders, and utilize those relationships to grow sales.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Problem solving; must be able to overcome challenging situations by finding the win-win solution
• Project management; manage longer-term projects with targeted objectives, milestones and goals
• Strong negotiation skills
• Comfort and proficiency in business applications (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, CRM)
Shift: This is a full time position with frequent local travel. Requires use of personal vehicle to attend meetings throughout the Bay Area.
We offer a great total compensation package, competitive wages and bonus incentive program. Our generous benefit offering includes, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement, 7 holidays and 3 weeks of personal time off, life insurance and long-term disability. Join our GreenLeaf family today by applying now:
Monday – Friday 9a.m. – 4p.m. email@example.com